We are eagerly anticipating to receive the new Social album from Bella Figura.. this little book is filled with 125 customizations of Bella Figura’s best selling wedding suites to show how truly flexible they really are! The designs have been adapted to suit all the essential occasions, from births to birthdays! So, if you have been longing for some letterpress, here’s your chance! Click here to preview the entire 130 page album.
Get ready to boogie the night away with ‘Starlight’, Elum Designs cool retro chic design from their Umi 2 album. Letterpress (of course!) printed on 100% cotton paper, this design features 60’s inspired patterns and modern type. They chose a fun color palette of light water blue and rich pumpkin orange but with a switch to deep concord purple and pale fog gray, they say this invitation would be gorgeous for a swanky evening affair!
Elum Designs is available exclusively in Hong Kong at The Wedding Company, call 2869 4222 for an appointment to browse their beautiful albums!
1. Vintage Spartus wall clock, photo source unknown via ebay
2. Mod bride, Martha Stewart Weddings
3. Eames® Molded Plywood Lounge Chair, Rooms&Board
4. Starlight letterpress wedding invitations, elum
5. Mid century modern wedding venue, The Pearl Hotel
6. Orange cocktails, photo by Andrea Hubbell via The Sweetest Occasion
7. Leica M7 camera, photo source unknown via Whorange
8. Retro table numbers, photo by Andrea Hubbell via The Sweetest Occasion
9. Vintage blue mod dress, photo by REiNViNTAGE via Etsy
10. Retro bar, photo source unknown via Tips Decor
11. Orange shoes, photo by Genevieve Leiper Photography via Style Me Pretty
12. Rock candy wedding cake, Cocoa & Fig
13. Starlight letterpress wedding invitations, elum
14. Bud vase, ModCloth
15. Mid century modern pool, The Pearl Hotel
16. Wedding rings, photo by This Modern Romance
17. Orbit chandelier, ZGallerie
18. Bridesmaids with jewel toned tights,
photos by Sarah Rhodes of Arrow and Apple via The Etsy Blog
19. Vintage rotary phone, TheModernHistoric via Etsy
20. Curbside Gourmet Food Truck,
photo by Chelsey Boatwright Photography via The Wedding Chicks
21. Billy button and Protea bouquet, photo by Cascio Photography via Utah Bride Blog
22. Retro inspired cupcakes, Half Baked
23. Striped bow tie, MeandMatilda via Etsy
24. Earrings, Shopbop
25. Starlight letterpress wedding invitations, elum
26. Mid century modern inspired table setting,
photo by Andrea Hubbell via The Sweetest Occasion
27. Vintage Samsonite Ultralite luggage, estatehound via Etsy
28. Mid century modern inspired Anson chair, Room&Board
29. Bride and groom, photo source by nessa k via flickr
In January this year, we had the great pleasure of helping this adorable couple plan their nuptials held at the glamorous Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong. The bride had a very clear idea of what she wanted, from the Winter wonderland feel of the ceremony to the vibrant and festive jewel tones in the ballroom which reflected her Latin American heritage. A bevy of Brazilian dancers, a hip-hop band from Los Angeles and a couple of break-dancing guests had the party going in no time at all!
We love getting new designs from our friends at Smock Paper, they seem to be getting better and better! With lots of metallic foils, hot new colors, bold patterns and whimsical fonts, we’re pretty sure that ‘letterpress fans’ in Hong Kong will fall head over heels in love with the new additions! Smock Paper is available exclusively in Hong Kong at The Wedding Company so give us a call at 2869 4222 to make an appointment to see their awesome designs for yourself!
Well lovelies, if you’re wondering why our blog posts have become more sporadic, its simply because we have had our heads down (waaay down) in planning mode these past few months and haven’t come up for air.
Here’s a brief recap of what we have been up to lately! In April, we organized a touching wedding ceremony at The Repulse Bay for Richard and his stunning bride, Aileen. Their wedding featured hundreds of butterfly orchids set against a turquoise background. The candy buffet was (again) a huge hit. Following that, we executed an intimate signing ceremony at The Pool House at the Grand Hyatt in early May for another lovely couple. Mid-may saw another wedding ceremony at the Island Shangri-la followed by a lavish banquet in the ballroom for Ted & Min-jie, an adorable couple if there ever was one! We also received our Dauphine Press letterpress invitation album and placed our first order for a gorgeous couple getting married at the Amangalla in Sri Lanka. In addition, we have a constant stream of invitation clients passing through weekly to place orders for beautiful letterpress invitations from Bella Figura, Smock Paper and Elum Design. Its time-consuming but gratifying to see such beautiful work.
In early June, we arranged another intimate signing ceremony and luncheon at The Peninsula and one of our own, Sally, held her nuptials on the same day as well! She’s now on a beach in the Seychelles somewhere, lucky girl! End of June sees us off to the island of Bali for an elegant two day wedding at the Bulgari Resort.
Our Event Management course at The Wedding Academy also kicks off at the end of June so if you’re interested, call 28694221 for more information, it will be a great starter course. July will be the calm before the storm (perfect for a little R&R) as the next wave of weddings will start from August onwards all the way until 2013!